The following classification system reflects a system according to which, beginning with the 18th century, our historical holdings published by 1945 have been classified. Essentially, this system corresponds to the arrangement of books on the shelves and to the way the titles are listed in our Classified Catalogue available on the second floor of our Historical Building. The following list enables you to visit every hierarchical level of the classification system and to view the titles recorded under the respective system location.
- If you are looking for a particular topic, please use the following subject list of groups of shelf marks and select the location(s) at which you assume to find the titles.
- By selecting ("+") or ("-" ) placed before the respective group of shelf marks, you will differentiate this group further or close it respectively.
- By selecting "Show results", you will obtain a list of Göttingen University Catalogue titles comprising all the titles of the respective shelf mark group.
BRK-Root Classified Catalogue show 961,794 matching books
- [+] 01 ENCYCL Encyclopaedia show 1,251 matching books
- [+] 02 HLI Historia Literaria show 89,421 matching books
- [+] 03 THE Theologia show 85,394 matching books
- [+] 04 JUS Jurisprudentia & Politica show 157,339 matching books
- [+] 05 HIG Historia & Geographia show 247,104 matching books
- [+] 06 PHI Philosophia show 24,469 matching books
- [+] 07 ART Artes show 25,543 matching books
- [+] 08 LIT Literatura & Linguistica show 178,453 matching books
- [+] 09 SCI Mathematica & Scientiae naturales show 87,941 matching books
- [+] 10 MED Medicina show 47,119 matching books
- [+] 11 MIS Sonstige angewandte Naturwissenschaften show 17,760 matching books