Physics Divisional Library
The Physics Divisional Library (BBP) supplies information and literature on physics. It is accessible to Faculty of Physics staff outside regular opening hours via a chip card system.
Physics Divisional Library
|Physics Divisional Library (Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1, Tel.: +49 551 39-22360)|
Access, location map and library floorplan
|The Library will be closed on 1 May 2015 (May Day) and 14 May 2015 (Ascension Day) as well as on 24 and 25 May 2015 (Whitsun).|
|Information Desk, access and use||Mon - Fri|
Sat - Sun
|8:00 - 19:00|
10:00 - 16:00
We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have about the use of the library and to assist you in finding and borrowing specialist literature.
- freely accessible and systematically categorised monographs, textbooks, periodicals, manuals and encyclopedias in accordance with the Göttingen Online Classification (GOK)
- freely accessible periodicals and series sorted alphabetically by title
- 150 workplaces, the majority equipped with internet access for notebooks
- 3 rooms for group work
- 1 seminar room
- 1 self-check terminal
- 12 PCs with access to the catalogue of the Göttingen State and University Library and other catalogues and databases, online periodicals, for online research and the CD-ROM service of the Göttingen State and University Library with several hundred specialist databases, and access to online journals
- 2 copiers (card- and coin-operated)
- 1 poster printer for formats up to A0 (available for users with GWDG account)
Monographs and textbooks can be taken out on loan.
Literature not available at the Göttingen State and University Library can be ordered by way of inter-library loan or document delivery services.
Göttingen State and University Library maintains the special subject collections 'Astronomy', 'Astrophysics', 'Space Research', and 'Geophysics' within the scope of the Special Subject Collection Programme of the German Research Foundation (DFG). In this role, the Göttingen State and University Library offers the following subject-specific catalogues:
- Special Subject Collection Catalogue 'Astronomy' incl. Online Content
- Special Subject Collection Catalogue 'Geophysics'
For further information, please visit our webpages for Physics, Geophysics, and Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space Research. There you will find specialist databases, contact information for specialist staff, and can submit your procurement suggestions.
Location Physics Divisional Library
How to get to the Physics Divisional Library
By public transport
From the train station
The bus lines 21 (direction Nikolausberg), 23 (direction Faßberg), 41 (direction Weende-Ost) and - before 8:00 am - the line 22 (direction Nikolausberg) depart from the bus terminal at the train station and go to the stops "Tammannstraße" (lines 21, 22 and 23) and "Goldschmidtstraße" (line 41).
From the city centre
The bus line 22 (direction Nikolausberg) depart after 8:00 am from the stop "Jüdenstraße" and go to the stop "Tammannstraße". The bus line 41 (direction Weende-Ost) depart from the stops "Kornmarkt" and "Jüdenstraße" and go to the stop "Goldschmidtstraße".
Walk along Goldschmidtstraße and turn left into Tammannstraße. The Faculty of Physics is located in the first building on the left. The entrance leads directly to the library.The bus timetables can be found on the Göttinger Verkehrsbetriebe website (German user interface only).
Take the A7 to exit Göttingen-Nord, and follow the Bundesstraße 27 (B 27) to the junction "Klinikum". Continue straight through the crossing onto "An der Lutter" (B 27). Turn right after the second pedestrian crossing in the direction "Klinikum", and turn immediately left in the direction "Universität-Nordbereich" (Robert-Koch Straße). Turn right at the next junction (Goldschmidtstraße), then take the next left (Tammannstraße).
There you will find free parking facilities.
The Faculty of Physics is located in the first building on the left. The entrance leads directly to the library.