1. Learning and Research Environments “Enhancing open spaces for working and information”
Increase the range and accessibility of individual workspaces and information delivery services in our library buildings and on the internet.
- Extended self-service in the lending department with a focus on automated returns
- Self-Service return stations in the Cultural Studies Divisional Library
- Self-check-out terminals in the Medical Library, Physics Divisional Library and Forestry Divisional Library
- Extension of the Makerspaces in the Medical Library, Establishment of new maker spaces in the Physics Divisional Library and Forestry Divisional Library – Provision of high-quality 3D printers as well as training courses to introduce 3D technology
- ‘Digital Creative Space’ in the Central Library as a platform for interdisciplinary cooperation – Start of construction and implementation of the ‘Digital Creative Space’
- Signage system for the Central Library of the Göttingen State and University Library – Concept development for a holistic signage system
2. Provision of academic literature “Maximizing Open Access”
By further developing local, national and international services, we will increase the ratio of Open Access in scholarly information.
- Open Access Publishing at Wiley within the framework of DEAL
- Extension of the offer of no longer available digital publishing contents in the ‘own hosting’ of the Göttingen State and University Library
- Introduction of external access to e-media via VPN
- Extension of the Center of Competence for Licensing of Electronic Resources
3. Publication Services “Foster visibility for Göttingen research results”
Foster services for high-class publications with international impact and develop useful KPIs for conventional and innovative scientific communication.
- Soft launch of GRO.publications
- Continuation of concept development for journal hosting for Göttingen University Press and Göttingen State and University Library and implementation of software adaptations and extensions on the basis of a concrete journal
- Funding of a first book publication project via the publication funding
4. Research Services “Shaping digital research together”
Systematically establish and innovatively develop Göttingen State and University Library's participation in research and teaching on digital content and methods on Göttingen Campus. We pursue this goal in the eResearch Alliance.
- Specialist advice on research data management (expansion)
- Support of the Göttingen Excellence Cluster Initiatives
- Contributions to the Campus Institute Data Science
- Laboratory for Virtual Reality
- Supraregional and international digital infrastructure offers for the humanities, social and natural sciences
5. Cultural Heritage “Spreading digital collections”
Deeper development of the historic collection of the library (prints, manuscripts, unpublished works) for research and teaching by providing metadata, digitisation and digital services.
- Project Restoration of early cartographic national surveys of Great Britain
- Cataloguing and digitisation of the library of the Albrecht Thaer Society
- Annual conference of the working group for the collection, indexing and preservation of historical book covers
- Extension of the digital presentation in the Göttingen Digitisation Centre by older digitized material