The Göttingen State and University Library provides access to digitised objects, many of which were created in cooperation with the Göttingen Academy of Sciences and Humanities as well as other institutions of the Göttingen Campus and beyond.
Besides metadata in many projects also elaborated research data are available, which are usually full text searchable. In order to become recoverable research data, the digital objects and their metadata are available on our portals through permanent links and - wherever possible - under a free license.
Since 1997, the Göttingen Digitisation Centre has been working to collect and provide the historical holdings of the Göttingen State and University Library. Access is available via the following pages. In addition, the Göttingen State and University Library provides further resources of external service providers for research and the public.
We offer access to hundreds of journals of current years and for some all published volumes, clearly archived, sorted by subject areas and always at least searchable by title.
The Göttingen State and University Library is a partner of many editing projects in which full texts are collected, dictionaries are developed and documents are put online.
Research publications can be accessed via the repositories we provide.
- Res Doctae - A repository of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- GoeScholar - Publication server of the Göttingen University
- eDiss - Dissertations of the Göttingen University
- GEO-LEOe-docs - Central publication server for the geosciences
Scientific Information Services provide quick and direct access to specialized literature and research-related information.
- FID GEO - Scientific Information Service for Solid Earth Geosciences
- FID AAC - Library of Anglo-American Culture & History (Library AAC) - Resources for American Studies, English / British and Irish Studies, Australian and New Zealand Studies and Canadian Studies
- FID Math - Scientific Information Service Mathematics, central access point for many mathematical information sources
- FID Finnug - Scientific Information Service Finno-Ugric / Uralic Languages, Literatures and Cultures. Central access to scientific literature and information services for Finno-Ugrian or Uralic studies, Finnish Studies, Hungarian and regional studies of Finland and Hungary
Many other portals are available for your research.