CLARIAH-DE - Project details
CLARIAH-DE is the merger of the two research infrastructure networks CLARIN-D and DARIAH-DE. Over the course of two years (2019-2021) the two established research infrastructures will intertwine. Thus, academic endeavours of researchers from the humanities and cultural sciences who work with complex digital tools and special data repositories shall be substantially facilitated.
CLARIN-D and DARIAH-DE are connected through their interest in the digital investigation of textual and linguistic sources from the perspective of the humanities and cultural sciences. For about a decade both networks have specialised in particular research areas. CLARIN-D has established a research infrastructure for those researchers in the humanities and social sciences in particular, for which linguistic resources play a major role. DARIAH-DE on the other hand, supports research working with digital methods and procedures in the humanities and cultural sciences with a broad research infrastructure consisting of the four pillars teaching, research, research data and technical components. Since March 2019, DARIAH-DE has been supported by 16 partners as an operational cooperation. As in the three preceding phases of DARIAH-DE, the coordination of the operating cooperation is located at the Göttingen State and University Library.
The consolidation of the two networks’ infrastructures into CLARIAH-DE is an important milestone on the way to a shared space for the cooperative, digitally supported research in the humanities and the cultural and social sciences in Germany and Europe. The project is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and aims to contribute to the further development of the national research infrastructures.
- Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Duke August Library Wolfenbüttel
- Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
- Göttingen State and University Library
- Hamburg Center for Language Corpora
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg / Department of German Studies
- Leibniz Institute for the German Language
- Technische Universität Darmstadt / Institute of Linguistics and Literary Studies
- University of Bamberg / Faculty of Information Systems and Applied Computer Sciences / Chair of Media Informatics
- University of Leipzig
- University of Tübingen