DRIVER II - Project details (Digital Repository Infrastructure Vision for European Research)
DRIVER is a multi-phase effort whose vision and primary objective is to establish a cohesive, pan-European infrastructure of Digital Repositories, offering sophisticated functionality services to both researchers and the general public.
The present proposal (DRIVER-II) aims to introduce key innovations compared to the original DRIVER project, while building on its results.
The main novelties envisioned are:
- Establishment of a European Confederation of Digital Repositories as a strategic arm of DRIVER
- inclusion of Digital Repositories with non-textual or non-publication content, e. g., images, presentations, and possibly primary data
- construction of 'enhanced publications', which combine interrelated information objects into a logical whole, e. g., publications coupled with relevant presentations and associated datasets
- provision of advanced functionality to address the requirements raised by the above innovations and to serve varied modes of scientists' research explorations.
Additionally, DRIVER-II moves from a test-bed to a production-quality infrastructure, expands the geographical coverage of Digital Repositories included in it, intensifies state-of-the-art and future-direction studies, and escalates dissemination, training, and community building activities.
DRIVER-II significantly broadens the horizons of the whole DRIVER endeavour regarding infrastructure operation, functionality innovation, and community relevance, and constitutes a major step on the way to the envisioned Knowledge Society.
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational / University of Warsaw, Poland
- Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione "A. FAEDO" / Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Italy
- Narodna in univerzitetna knjiznica, Slovenia
- Göttingen State and University Library
- SURF Foundation, The Netherlands
- Technical Knowledge Centre and Library of Denmark
- University of Minho
- Bielefeld University Library
- University Library Ghent, Belgium
- University of Bath, United Kingdom
- University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
Project staff at the SUB Göttingen
Former project staff of the SUB Göttingen
Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau