eLabour - Project details (Interdisciplinary centre for IT-based qualitative sociological research)
How have labour and production developed after the end of 'Fordism'? To answer this question, the rich data of over 40 years of qualitative research is being annotated and evaluated in five piloting research projects.
The new methods of IT-based secondary analysis of the qualitative material this endeavor requires are being developed in close interdisciplinary cooperation between Sociology, Information Science and IT. They include identification of requirements, development of concepts and the testing of new solutions in IT.
A centre for competence and counseling is being set up, aiming at the long-term provision of infrastructure, research data and tools as well as the establishment of IT-based secondary analysis.
Göttingen State and University Library is developing a modular Virtual Research Environment (VRE) including tools focused on sociological research of labour. In addition, Göttingen State and University Library provides a data model for qualitative studies, surveys and other types of sociological data from the cooperating partners.
- Data Service Center for Business and Organizational Data
- L3S Research Center Hannover
- Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
- Institute for Social Science Research
- Institute of Sociology at the Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena
- Social Research Centre - Central Scientific Institute of Technische Universität Dortmund
- Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies
Project staff at the SUB Göttingen
SUB Göttingen departments / units involved in the project
Former project staff of the SUB Göttingen
Dr. Stefan Schmunk