Johann Friedrich Blumenbach – online - Project details
The Blumenbach project is intended to fill a critical gap in the primary sources for late-Enlightenment and Romantic cultural history. Closing this gap is of special importance for the study of one of the most important aspects of this period: the rise of the modern natural sciences.
- A new edition of Blumenbach’s original works including their translations and reissues.
- An annotated calendar of Blumenbach’s correspondence.
- An inventory and reconstruction of Blumenbach’s scientific collections.
- A documentation of his contemporary and later reception.
- The hyperlinking of the digital texts and objects.
- Biographical studies of Blumenbach.
Project staff at the SUB Göttingen
SUB Göttingen departments / units involved in the project
Former project staff of the SUB Göttingen
Mirjam Blümm, Martina Kerzel, Dr. Heike Neuroth, Sibylle Söring, Sven Thomas, Ubbo Veentjer