OpenAIRE Nexus - Project details
OpenAIRE Nexus Scholarly Communication Services for EOSC users
OpenAIRE Nexus brings in Europe, the EOSC (European Open Science Cloud) and the world a set of services to implement and accelerate Open Science.
- To embed in researchers workflows, making it easier for them to accept and uptake Open Science practices of openness and FAIRness.
- To give the tools to libraries, research communities to make their content more visible and discoverable.
- To assist policymakers in better understanding the environment and ramifications of Open Science into new incentives, scientific reward criteria, impact indicators, to increase research and innovation potential.
- To foster innovation by providing SMEs with open data about scientific production.
To this aim, OpenAIRE Nexus onboards to the EOSC fourteen services, provided by public institutions, e-infrastructures, and companies, structured in three portfolios: PUBLISH (catch-all repository; Open Access overlay journal platform; data anonymization; Data Management Plans), MONITOR (Open Science and research impact monitoring; open citation indexes for article-article, article-dataset links; European monitoring of Article Processing Charges, publication usage statistics), and DISCOVER (open catalogue and APIs to the OpenAIRE Research Graph of interlinked publications, data, software, projects; discovery portals for communities; validation and brokering services for data sources to improve their metadata). The services are widely used in Europe and beyond and integrated with OpenAIRE-Nexus to assemble a uniform Open Science Scholarly Communication package for the EOSC. The project aims at forming synergies with other INFRAEOSC-07 awarded projects, the INFRAEOSC-03 project, research infrastructures, e-infrastructures, and scholarly communication services on the one hand; on the other, to define a common Open Science interoperability framework for the EOSC, to facilitate sharing, monitoring, and discovery of EOSC resources across disciplines.
Main Activities of the Göttingen State and University Library
WP3 Integration with the EOSC to provide Virtual Access
The development will entail three threads: semantic interoperability (to adhere to ontologies and vocabularies as defined by the EOSC), technical interoperability (to adhere to interoperability frameworks, i. e. APIs and formats), and service portfolio packaging (to deliver an integrated Open Science publishing portfolio of services to the EOSC).
- Athena Research & Innovation Information Technologies
- Bielefeld University
- CITE Communication and Information Technologies
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Göttingen State and University Library
- National Center for Scientific Research
- University of Bologna
- University of Minho
- University of Warsaw
Project board at the SUB Göttingen
Project staff at the SUB Göttingen
SUB Göttingen departments / units involved in the project
Former project staff of the SUB Göttingen