OPERAS-P - Project details
Preparing open access in the European research area through scholarly communication
OPERAS-P (Preparation) supports the development of OPERAS, the European Research infrastructure for open access publications in the Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH). The project will further support the development of the infrastructure in view of achieving the necessary scientific, technical, organisational and community maturity. OPERAS seeks to develop into a sustainable federated and horizontally integrated research infrastructure for the Social Sciences and Humanities to enable those disciplines the following crucial aspects: unlock their potential in digital research approaches, enable further uptake of open access and open science, implement standards and common approaches to enable digital publishing and digital dissemination, support the cultural importance of these disciplines with widest dissemination, visibility and impact in the digital era. To achieve OPERAS’ strategic goals, the key objectives of the OPERAS-P project are the following:
- Produce the necessary documentation defining OPERAS’ strategy and implementation to support the application to be part of the European Strategy Forum for Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) roadmap.
- Support the preparation phase of the mentioned infrastructure by implementing a legal framework, a governance and support the implementation and coordination of services.
- Prepare a long-term, evidence-based strategy for the development of the infrastructure and its services.
- Ensure outreach and advocacy for open scholarly communication in Social Sciences and Humanities, developing a communication strategy on the infrastructure and supporting the expansion of the consortium, and enhancing innovation for the future of scholarly communication practices in SSH.
Göttingen State and University Library participates in work package 5 through the Göttingen University Press and as a D-Space expert. Focus is on the redevelopment of the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) being a central service in the OPERAS infrastructure for discoverability and indexing of open access books.
- EGI Foundation
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- LEXIS - compagnia editoriale in Torino
- Max Weber Foundation
- National Documentation Centre (EKT/NHRF)
- OAPEN Foundation - Open Access Publishing in European Networks
- OFFICIO SOLICITORS AB
- Open Book Publishers
- The Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- University of Turin
- University of Luxembourg
- University of Coimbra
- University of Milano-Bicocca
- University of Zadar