TextGrid - Vernetzte Forschungsumgebung in den eHumanities - Project details
The joint project TextGrid aims to support access to and exchange of data in the arts and humanities by means of modern information technology (the grid). In 2006 development began on a web-based platform, one which will provide services and tools for researchers for analysis of text data in various digital archives - independently of data format, location and software.
TextGrid serves as a virtual research environment for philologists, linguists, musicologists and art historians. As a single point of entry to the virtual research environment, TextGridLab provides integrated access to specialized tools, services and content. TextGridRep is a long-term archive for research data in the humanities embedded in a grid infrastructure, which will ensure availability and access to its research data as well as interoperability. The joint research project TextGrid is part of the D-Grid initiative, and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for the period starting June 1, 2009 to May 31, 2012 (reference number: 01UG0901A).
The role of the University of Goettingen, Goettingen State and University Library (Project Management):
Main Responsibilities: development of digital research infrastructures (TextGrid Repository, WP1) and project management (WP8).
Expertise: sustainable organisation with focus on long-term preservation of analog and digital academical objects; enduring appropriation of research infrastructure and services; experience in managing consortial projects.
Current TextGrid Projects: development of research data archives (WissGrid, BMBF), development of research infrastructures for the humanities (DARIAH, EU), development of publication infrastructures (Driver, EU).
- German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Directory Applications for Advanced Security and Information Management
- Fachhochschule Worms
- Institut für Deutsche Sprache
- Institut für Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft / Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg
- Kompetenzzentrum für elektronische Erschließungs- und Publikationsverfahren in den Geisteswissenschaften / Universität Trier
- Ludwig Maximilian Universität München
- Max Planck Digital Library
- Münchener Zentrum für Editionswissenschaft
- Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar der Universität Paderborn und der Hochschule für Musik Detmold
Project staff at the SUB Göttingen
SUB Göttingen departments / units involved in the project
Former project staff of the SUB Göttingen
Nadja Grupe, Teresa von Jan, Maren Köhlmann, Nils Lindenberg, Felix Lohmeier, Dr. Heike Neuroth, Sibylle Söring