VLib-AAC - Project details (Virtual Library of Anglo-American Culture)
The project at the Göttingen State and University Library entitled „Aufbau einer Virtuellen Fachbibliothek anglo-amerikanischer Kulturraum“ (development of a virtual library of Anglo-American culture) had as its goal to bring together the ever more important electronic resources with the extensive library resources of a special-subject collection in a uniform WWW-based information space for specialists to use.
This was to make it possible for the user to work in a uniform information system from gathering material through online document-delivery when doing her or his scholarly work. In this process, the goal was to have eliminated as much as possible any barriers to integration of traditional printed material and true electronic media.
The virtual subject library includes the areas of the language and literature as well as the history of the Anglo-American cultural area (United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, and New Zealand).
- ABC-Datenservice, Frankfurt am Main
- Den Norske Stats Oljeselskap a.s., Stavanger, Norway
- European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations, Den Haag, The Netherlands
- INIST Diffusion / Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy, France
- Kopiosto, Copyright Society, Helsinki, Finland
- Library / Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, London, etc.: international publishers
- University of Helsinki, the National Library of Finland
- Verwertungsgesellschaft Wort, Munich, Germany