American Chemical Society (ACS)
Members of the University of Göttingen and the University Medical Center Göttingen receive the following support for Open Access publishing in the journals of the American Chemical Society (ACS). As part of the Lower Saxony Consortium, a transformation agreement (so-called Read & Publish agreement) has been concluded with the publisher, which enables open access publishing in the ACS journals. This video informs about the agreement.
Time period: 2023 – 2025
Hybrid Open Access / Gold Open Access
For OA publishing in subscription-based (hybrid) as well as pure OA journals, the following applies: ‘Corresponding authors’ are given the opportunity to publish their articles in journals of the publisher free of charge OA via the extended ‘Read and Publish Agreement’.
Learn about the publishing process (including a video tutorial) on the publisher's site.
Here you will find a brief summary of the individual publication steps:
How Do I Get Support?
- During submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from the drop-down list and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution’s affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the ‘Order Open Access’ link in the JPA tool to submit the open access funding request.
- Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI at https://publish.acs.org/publish/research_share_and_oa under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your open access funding request. If the funding request is approved, your work will be published as ACS open access via a CC BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website at no additional cost to you.
ACS works with the partner Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) Rightslink to manage the publication process. For this purpose, the author must indicate his or her institution Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (including University Medical Center Göttingen). The SUB Göttingen, as administrator, also confirms the affiliation to the University of Göttingen and the University Medical Center.
In addition to being made available by the publisher, the article will be made accessible and archived via GRO.publications, the publication management system of the University of Göttingen.
Updated: January 2024