Göttingen State and University Library is the central library of Göttingen University. It is one of the largest academic libraries in Germany and responsible for various regional tasks in literature provision. It leads and engages in several national and international projects in the area of digital libraries, research infrastructures, software engineering and various aspects of research data management.
We are looking for a
Software Developer (f/m/d)
E 13 TV-L, full-time, limited
to join our rapidly-growing software team. The Software and Service Development team works in local, national and international projects. The team collaborates closely with other libraries and scientists of various disciplines to create innovative digital services.
The post is offered with immediate effect as a full-time position (currently 39.8 hours per week). The starting salary is expected to be EUR 48.000 p. a. (pro rata, depending on the qualification and experience; German salary schema for public employees, E 13 TV-L). The position is initially limited to a two-year contract.
- design and implement user-facing software
- work on ETL processes with big chunks of data
- contribute to code guidelines and architectural designs
- help building an efficient team
- perform tests and code revisions
- create reusable software modules
- a completed scientific higher education in computer science or any related subject, or equivalent experience in software development
- good problem-solving skills
- time for well-written code, testing and documentation
- enthusiasm for working on a team and collaborating with stakeholders, product owners, scrum masters and other programmers
- good command of English and basic German skills
Technologies we use:
- Java, PHP
- JSON, XML, XSLT, XQuery
- SQL, NoSQL, Solr, Elasticsearch
- API, ETL
- a modern, family-friendly working environment in one of Germany's largest libraries in a university-city
- challenging tasks in innovative projects as part of an agile development team
- flexible working hours and the possibility of home-office
- opportunities for further education and individual development
- salary linked to the collective agreement with the corresponding increases and 30 vacation days p. a.
- supplemental private pension plan subsidised by the employer
For further information, please contact Mustafa Dogan (email).
In many areas of the University of Göttingen, women are underrepresented. Therefore, applications from women are especially appreciated and will be treated preferentially in domains where women are particularly underrepresented (if the appropriate qualification profile is met and legal constraints permit).
The university firmly intends to raise the number of disabled persons in its employment. In the case of equally qualified applicants, disabled persons will be preferentially considered.
To apply please submit your full CV and covering letter via the Online Application-Portal and upload your application. The closing date is 16 December 2019.
We would like to point out that the submission of the application constitutes a data protection consent in the processing of your application data by us. More about the legal basis and data usage can be found in the information sheet on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (PDF 87,5 KB).