Your library card comprises separate accounts, the user account for GöDiscovery and the Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK), the copying and printing account and the inter-library loans account.
To receive a password for GöDiscovery and the Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK), click 'Request a new password' in the user account.
The passwords for the copying and printing account and the inter-library loan account are issued at the service desks in our libraries. Please change the passwords once you have logged into the system for the first time.
Please enter the number of your student ID which you received at the time of immatriculation, or your library card number and password which you received when you registered with the Göttingen State and University Library as your login data for the GUK user account. You can access your user account in GöDiscovery by clicking the login icon in the top right corner of the page.
Here you have the option to
- check the expiry date of your library card,
- view your address information,
- view electronic messages from the library,
- check your current loans and extend loan periods up to eleven times,
- display media reserved for you and cancel reservations you no longer need,
- view your outstanding amounts (reminder fees),
- change your password, for all accounts those characters are permitted: 0 - 9, a - z, A - Z,
- and have a new password sent to you.
Please note the following:
Once you have accumulated outstanding payments of EUR 10.00 or more, your account will be blocked for any additional loans.
To use more functions, such as Internet access you need to log in personally at the PCs of the library or the LRC.
To do so and to pay for prints or copies you need to have a copying and printing account activated on your library card. Please find more detailed information here Self-Service.
You may change your password with the Identity Management of the GWDG.
You can check the status of your inter-library orders in your inter-library account. Here you can also change your password for the inter-library account.