Your library card comprises two separate accounts, the user account for the Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK) and the inter-library loans account. During registration, you will receive a password for both accounts, which you should change for the GUK and for the GBV (inter-library loans).
Please enter the number of your student ID which you received at the time of immatriculation, or your library card number and password which you received when you registered with the Göttingen State and University Library as your login data for the GUK user account.
Here you have the option to
- check the expiry date of your library card,
- view your address information,
- view electronic messages from the library,
- check your current loans and extend loan periods up to eleven times,
- display media reserved for you and cancel reservations you no longer need,
- view your outstanding amounts (reminder fees),
- change your password, for all accounts those characters are permitted: 0 - 9, a - z, A - Z,
- and have a new password sent to you.
Please note the following:
Once you have accumulated outstanding payments of EUR 10.00 or more, your account will be blocked for any additional loans.
This video will show you how to access your library user account.
To use more functions, such as Internet access you need to log in personally at the PCs of the library or the LRC.
To do so and to pay for prints or copies you need to have a copying and printing account activated on your library card. Please find more detailed information here Self-Service.
You may change your password with the Identity Management of the GWDG.
You can check the status of your inter-library orders in your GVK inter-library account. Here you can also change your password for the inter-library account.