On this website we have provided answers to frequently asked questions about borrowing and handling your user account for you.
Please speak to us at the service counters if we have not answered your question. We will be happy to help you!
- I have lost or forgotten my password.
Please use the function ‘Request new password’ for your user account in GöDiscovery and in the Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK).
You can obtain the password for the copy and print account and the inter-library loan account in the Common Union Catalogue (GVK) at the service counters.
- I study in Göttingen and would like to change my email address.
Please change your data and email address using the self-service terminals via the study centre. Unfortunately, we cannot make these changes for you.
- I do not study at the University of Göttingen and do not belong to it. Can I still register at the Göttingen State and University Library to borrow media?
Private individuals residing in Germany are also welcome to register with us for a one-time fee of 5,00 Euro. When picking up your library card, please bring your identity card or passport (with the registration certificate, which is not older than six months).
- How often can I extend the loan periods of the media I have borrowed?
You can extend the loan periods up to eleven times. Please return the media you have borrowed to one of our service desks afterwards.
- Can another person collect the media I have ordered?
Yes, provided the person presents us your library card and an informal power of attorney issued by you. We also ask the person to identify herself with a photo ID.
- I do not study at the University of Göttingen and do not belong to it. Can I still view e-journals licensed for the university from home?
Unfortunately, this is not possible for licensing reasons. You can use the e-journals on the PCs in the library premises.