Who is entitled?
- Students of the University of Göttingen
- Employees of the University of Göttingen
- External members of the University Medical Center Göttingen and other faculties of the University of Göttingen
Due to legal restrictions off-campus access is not permitted for members of other universities or private citizens.
This video shows you how it works:
- User number and password are not correct. Please check if you mistyped the dates, or have them checked at the service desks.
- You have tried to access a resource directly via a provider’s website (e. g. a publisher) and try to log in there (for example via „Login through your library or institution“)? That is not a valid option for Göttingen university users and does not work. Always use the access routes Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK) or the Electronic Journals Library (EZB) or the Datenbank-Infosystem (DBIS) and from there select the required resource. Then automatically the correct log-in site of our HAN authentification server will be shown.
- You are not an authorized user: employees and students of the University of Göttingen only have access to licensed electronic material from outside campus.
- Check also for further restrictions of access, a few resources are for example only available on campus directly.
- ‘Beck’ as a provider of databases and electronic journals only allows access on campus directly, unless you are member of the academic staff or a professor at the University of Göttingen.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us at Information and Service Desk should you require further information.
To obtain a user card that avails access rights you need:
- a confirmation of your affiliation with research and education at the University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG). Please contact Frau Christina Niemeyer (E-Mail) +49 551 39-66990 (Tel.) or +49 551 39-66994 (Fax) at the office of the Education section of the UMG. Validity: (usually) three years
- the registration form (PDF 48 KB), printed out and completed
- ID card or passport
Please hand in these documents either per E-Mail, per fax (+49 551 39-8396) or present a copy in the Medical Library and receive your library card and your password. You will find the user number at the backside of the card.
To renew your user card please hand in an up-to-date confirmation of your affiliation with Research and Education of the University Medical Center Göttingen
To obtain a user card that avails access rights, please register first for a guest card (PDF 30 KB) at your faculty’s secretariat. Then submit the completed registration form (PDF 48 KB) for a user card. The user card should then be ready to be picked up at the chosen service desk, usually after one working day (Monday to Friday). Please observe the information on the registration form.