You can use licensed databases, e-journals and e-books from computers connected to the campus network of the University of Göttingen, e. g:
- permanently installed computers in the library, workstation computers in the University, etc.
- your own mobile device, provided you have connected to the campus network
Who is entitled to do so?
- Students of the University of Göttingen
- Staff of the University of Göttingen
- Members of other universities
Important note for accessing resources through wireless networks
Please pay attention to your location when connecting to a wireless network. To access the licensed resources, it is usually necessary to be within reach of a WIFI access point assigned to a library. If you are outside of this range, you will be able to access after an additional authentication with library card number and password or via VPN if you belong to the University of Göttingen.
Students of the University of Göttingen
Log in to the campus network with your studIT account via WLAN eduroam or GuestOnCampus. GuestOnCampus only grants access from within a library, while eduroam (recommended) also allows for access from other parts of the campus.
Staff of the University of Göttingen
Connect to the campus network with your GWDG account via eduroam or GuestOnCampus. Via GuestOnCampus access is only possible from within a library, while eduroam (recommended) also allows for access from other parts of the campus.
Members of other universities
If your university participates in eduroam, you can log into the Göttingen campus network via eduroam using the access data you have received from your university. Access to e-media is then possible if you are within reach of a WIFI access point associated with a library.
- With your user account of Göttingen State and University Library: Log into the campus network via GuestOnCampus using the access data of your copy and print account (library card firstname.lastname@example.org and the password of the copy and print account).
- Without user account of Göttingen State and University Library: Unfortunately you cannot access the campus network with your own mobile device. Please use the permanently installed computers (StudIt-PCs) in the libraries. With the guest login offered there, if available, you can access the electronic media. Please make sure that you use the URL marked ‘Full text, external access’ for e-books.
If the HAN server fails, access to electronic media from computers assigned to the Göttingen campus network is possible via the publisher's URL.