The Forestry Divisional Library (BBF) supplies information and literature on forestry and forest ecology.
Comprising around 130,000 titles, the BBF is the foremost specialist library for forestry in Germany. It includes the holdings of the former faculty library as well as the forestry holdings of the Göttingen State and University Library.
The subject collection of the BBF includes titles on natural sciences, economics and social sciences and include technical basics of forestry, forest ecology and hunting client and wildlife management. This literature is situated in the BBF and is nationally and through the document delivery services.
Literature on related topics is also acquired and made available in this library.
Büsgenweg 5, +49 551 39-33407 (Tel.)
Access and location map
Opening hours of the library:
Opening hours of the study rooms:
- Mon – Fri 8:00 – 23:00
- Sat – Sun 10:00 – 18:00
We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have about the use of the library and to assist you in finding and borrowing specialist literature.
- approx. 10,000 monographs, textbooks, manuals, and encyclopedias on the subject, arranged by forestry decimal classification numbers, all freely accessible
- approx. 120,000 titles archived in the holdings of the BBF, which can be made available at short notice
- 80 individual workplaces (including 12 computer workstations)
- 1 mute box for up to four persons
- 7 PCs in PC work space (accessible also on the late opening facility)
- 5 PCs with access to the catalogue of the Göttingen State and University Library and other catalogues and databases, online periodicals, and for online research and the CD-ROM service of the Göttingen State and University Library with several hundred specialist databases
- 1 copier with scanning function
- 1 bookscanner to use for free
- besides you can use and test a 3D printer (please contact the staff at the information desk)
Monographs and textbooks can be taken out on loan.
The holdings of the BBF and of the departments of the Faculty for Forestry and Forest Ecology can be researched in GöDiscovery and the Göttingen University Catalogue.
Literature not available at the Göttingen State and University Library can be ordered by way of inter-library loan or document delivery services.
Please find further information on our webpages Subject Collection Forestry and the Agricultural Sciences. There you will find specialist databases, information about e-books, contact information for specialist staff, and can submit your procurement suggestions.
Are you restricted in your personal mobility? Please take note of our information regarding parking facilities and barrier-free access points.
By public transport
From the train station
The bus line 21 (direction Nikolausberg) and 23 (direction Faßberg) depart from the bus terminal at the train station and goes to the stop "Burckhardtweg / Tierklinik".
From the city centre
The bus line 22 (direction Nikolausberg) departs after 8:00 am from the stop "Jüdenstraße" or "Weender Straße-Ost"and goes to the stop "Burckhardtweg".
Walk back a few metres from the opposite direction of the bus, turn left into Büsgenweg (paved red), and carry on towards the library located on your right.
The bus timetables can be found on the Göttinger Verkehrsbetriebe website (German user interface only).
Turn off the motorway A 7 at the exit "Göttingen-Nord" and continue on the feeder road (A 388) to its end; carry on straight through the cross roads onto the B 27 in the direction "Braunlage". Turn left at the lights in the direction "Nikolausberg" about 2 km after the end of the feeder road. Turn left at the first junction, then keep right until the Dean's Office Building (No. 5).
Limited parking facilities are available.