We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have about the use of the library and to assist you in finding and borrowing specialist literature.
- freely accessible and systematically categorized monographs, textbooks, periodicals, manuals and encyclopedias in accordance with the Göttingen Online Classification (GOK)
- Physics and Chemistry textbook collections
- freely accessible periodicals and series
- 4 rooms for group work
- 135 workplaces with internet via WiFi
- of which 14 come equipped with PCs with online access to the catalogue of the Göttingen State and University Library and other catalogues and databases
- 2 modern multifunction printers for Follow-Me printing, ‘Scan-to-USB’ and ‘Scan-to-Mail’ (for students only)
- 1 poster printer for formats up to A0
- 1 card printer to extend your student ID card
- 1 book scanner
- 1 3D printer
Monographs and textbooks can be taken out on loan.
Literature not available at the Göttingen State and University Library can be ordered by way of inter-library loan or document delivery services.
Would you like to order materials from the stacks of the Central Library to the Physics Divisional Library? Please use the normal Göttingen University Catalogue (GUK) or GöDiscovery to order materials from the Central Library to the Physics Divisional Library. It is now possible to specify the pick-up location of the order.
Göttingen State and University Library holds special subject collections in 'Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Research', and 'Geophysics' - maintained within the scope of the formerly Special Subject Collection Programme of the German Research Foundation (DFG). The Göttingen State and University Library offers the following subject-specific catalogues:
For further information, please visit our webpages for Physics, Geophysics, and Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space Research. There you will find specialist databases, contact information for specialist staff, and can submit your procurement suggestions.