AAAS / Science Advances
Members of the University of Göttingen (including the University Medical Center Göttingen) receive a 15% discount on publication fees in the open access journal Science Advances. If the author is also a member of AAAS, a further discount of 4% is granted.
Time period: 2024 – 2026
The publication costs for ‘corresponding authors’ can, if necessary, be financed completely or proportionally by the ‘Publication Funds for Journal Articles’ of the University of Göttingen. University funds are used for this purpose. The funding requirements with funding reference are mentioned under ‘Financial support through university funding’.
The publication process for authors
- You are ‘corresponding author’ and submit your article directly to Science Advances.
- Choose CC BY 4.0 as your publication license.
- For invoicing, AAAS works with the service provider Copyright Clearance Center (CCC).
- To get the 15% discount generated, select ‘Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen’ as the institution name in the CCC system. The discount can only then be taken into account correctly.
- The agreement does not include central billing via SUB Göttingen.
- Notes on workflow and crediting
In addition to publication by the publisher, the article will be made accessible and archived via GRO.publications, the publication management system of the University of Göttingen.
This option is made available to scientists of the University of Göttingen through participation in the GASCO consortium via SUB Göttingen.
Updated: January 2024