The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Munich has signed a nationwide publish & read contract with the publisher BMJ for 26 standard journals. BMJ is a publishing house of the British Medical Association and publishes medical journals.
Time period: 2023 – 2024
Hybrid Open Access
Since 2021, free publishing in BMJ subscription journals (hybrid open access) is possible. The current contract applies to the following journals:
- Archives of Disease in Childhood (Education & Practice und Fetal & Neonatal)
- Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases
- British Journal of Ophthalmology
- British Journal of Sports Medicine
- BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine
- BMJ Quality & Safety
- Emergency Medicine Journal
- Frontline Gastroenterology
- Injury Prevention
- Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Journal of Epidemiology Community Health
- Journal of Medical Ethics
- Journal of Medical Genetics
- Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery
- Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery & Psychiatry
- Medical Humanities
- Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Tobacco Control
- Evidence-Based Nursing
- Practical Neurology
Gold Open Access
Publishing in genuine BMJ Gold Open-Access journals: Unfortunately, a discount on article costs cannot be granted.
The publication costs for 'corresponding authors' of the University of Göttingen (including the University Medical Center Göttingen) can, if necessary, be fully or proportionally financed by the publication fund for journal articles of the University of Göttingen. University funds are used for this purpose. The funding requirements with funding reference are mentioned under 'Financial support by university funding'.
The publication process for authors
Detailed descriptions specifically on the publication process for open access publishing in hybrid journals can be found on the publisher's website and via the video offered there.
In addition to publication in the publisher, the article will be made accessible and archived via GRO.publications, the publication management system of the University of Göttingen.
Updated: January 2024